Problem with updating EditVoicepack

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Problem with updating EditVoicepack

Postby Patrick_Z » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:06 am

Hello,

I just installed EditVoicepack and tried to update the voicepack. However, each time I try to do so I get an error.

Parse error in the GVP file - wrong offset for WaveFile

I've already tried restoring the original GVP file like described here, but it didn't make any difference.

Here's the details for the error message:

Updating the voicepack failed
bij Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.ThirdPartyInstaller.Installer.UpdateVoicepackSynchronous()
bij Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.HiddenForm.WorkerThread(Object state)

Parse error in the GVP file - wrong offset for WaveFile
bij Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpHandler.ReadRiffFile(UInt32 offset)
bij Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpHandler.GetSoundSegmentRawData(SoundSegment segment, Int32 orderedVoiceIndex, UInt32& samplesPerSecond)
bij Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpHandler.GetAdpcmData(SoundSegmentCollection soundSegments, Int32 orderedVoiceIndex, WaveMarkerCollection waveMarkers)
bij Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpUpdater.PrepareDataStructureMerge(UInt32 currentEndOfFile, GvpIdentifier orgIdentifier, GvpIdentifier identifier, Modification m, WaveCacheController waveCache)
bij Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpUpdater.PerformModification()
bij Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.ThirdPartyInstaller.Installer.ThreadFunction()

How do I solve this issue?
Patrick_Z
Ny Bruger

Re: Problem with updating EditVoicepack

Postby Patrick_Z » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:11 am

PS I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled both FS and EditVoicepack. It didn't make any difference, the problem remains. Same error message.

Edit: I've copied the whole FSX sound folder and fsx.exe to another computer (wich usually doens't have FSX installed) and then installed EditVoicepack onto that computer as well. After picking the FSX location by pointing to fsx.exe EditVoicepack starts to work. Then I try updating the voicepack and Bingo, the same error message! So it's not bound to my hardware or Windows installation since that other computer is totally different. It's also not bound to USEnglishBig.gvp since that was replaced by the original file from the DVD. Conclusion: it's bound to EditVoicepack itself.
Patrick_Z
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi Patrick,

It is not an error I recall having seen before (at least not in a case where restoring the original GVP file did not fix it).

Which version of EditVoicepack are you using? Is it an English version of FSX? What is the Windows version(s) you tried?

I certainly won't rule out it is a problem in EditVoicepack, but it is not something we can say for sure one way or the other at this stage.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Patrick_Z » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:00 am

Hello,

I'm using the last version of EditVoicepack (5.0.80), but I've also tried it with earlier versions (5.0.77 and even 4.0). They all give the same error.

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 and indeed it's the English version of FSX. FSX SP1 and SP2 have been installed.
Patrick_Z
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:00 pm

Hi Patrick,

I'll send you a PM with a location where you can upload the same files you moved to your second computer - then I will try running them.

If this does not work we can try to collect a detailed log from EditVoicepack running on your computer to try to find out what is going wrong. It will be a few days before we can do this though, as it makes most sense to do it on the version I plan to release in a few days.

Please also notice I will be reinstalling my computer with Windows 10 in the next few days, so I might not be able to look at the files right away.

Regards
Lars
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Lars » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi Patrick,

I had a quick look at your files, and the USEnglishBig.GVP file is not correct. It is missing 12 bytes (there might be other differences, I did not look further once I realized the size was wrong).

Can you please try to restore it again, and make sure it is 216,035,088 bytes long.

Your file was only 216,035,076 bytes.

Regards
Lars
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support