fsx steam edition and version 5.0.80

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

fsx steam edition and version 5.0.80

Postby lenny100 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:38 pm

trying to load up with fsx steam but its not working with the following

The directory does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\ATC
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FlightSimInfo.Updated(Boolean allowFileCleanup)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FlightSimInfo.GetFlightSimulatorInstances()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FlightSimInfo.GetDefaultInstance()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.BasicUI.ApplicationWindow.Onloaded()

I have tried to do a manual redirection to the steam sound\atc but it is unable to see the files in the dir.
lenny100
Ny Bruger

Re: fsx steam edition and version 5.0.80

Postby Lars » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:15 pm

It is not something I have seen before. From looking into the stacktrace and the code, it does look like you have a registry key pointing to a Flight Simulator installation in the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\ATC.

Do you have a Flight Simulator installation at this location? Or a file with some Flight Simulator files in it?
Lars
FSOnline

Postby lenny100 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:26 pm

no steam was installed after i deleted fsx gold from my machine so all should be good
lenny100
Ny Bruger

Postby lenny100 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:39 pm

got it it appears that the fsx config file had not been deleted, and fsx steam was using the same files so it was confusing itself , so i deleted all the "trusted" programs and its now working
lenny100
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:47 am

Sounds good. And yes, Steam edition can confuse itself. It works well if you never had FSX installed, or keep it installed when you install FSX:SE. I also managed to mess up my FSX:SE install due to trying to "help" it when it was installed. Oh well, sometime next month I reinstall everything with Windows 10 anyways :)
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support