editvoicepack 3.1 for FS9 not updating phraseology

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

editvoicepack 3.1 for FS9 not updating phraseology

Postby eddee33 » Sat May 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Hello,
I had everything working fine on my windows 7 system with fs9. I had to reinstall fs9 and tried to update the phraseology to icao again, mostly to get the wind clearances on takeoff and landing. EVP accelerates the voicepack fine, but it will not change from FAA to ICAO even when the boxes are checked appropriately. It still calls out point, exit runway, line up, etc. I know 3.1 is no longer supported, but since there doesn't seem to be a newer version for fs9...(if there is let me know). Am I missing something?
eddee33
Ny Bruger

Re: editvoicepack 3.1 for FS9 not updating phraseology

Postby Lars » Mon May 04, 2015 9:04 pm

If the checkboxes are set correctly and you are running EVP as Administrator (using Run as administrator, not just being logged in as an administrator) then I do not know what the problem is.

Do you hear any other modifications (new callsigns etc)?

You state that the checkboxes are set appropriately, so I assume you a familiar with how the 3 (or four if you look at the visual I guess) states work in EditVoicepack. Have you tried setting the checkbox manually on for example the POINT modification (so do not set it to inherit it's setting from the parent folder)?
Lars
FSOnline

Postby eddee33 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:25 am

yes to running as administrator. EVP doesn't want to update anything unless I go to its folder and run as administrator from the .exe there. I've started with a fresh install of the original voicepack, accelerated first then modified voicepack, modified first and then accelerated, a backup of the voicepack I had as part of my system wide backup...again other than accelerating everything nicely, the other mods don't get made...

I have tried both relying on the parent folder option as well as checking a specific modification so that it has a green check and is not shaded. I even tried to mix both FAA and ICAO options where possible to see if I could really mess things up, but nothing seemed to change.

As to the new callsigns, some did work, some did not. I think there were even a couple (one's I imported) where one voice would read the callsign, but another would not and it wouldn't even show up in the ATC box. It worked...I shut down FS9, restarted, and then it didn't work anymore without any meddling on my part. I haven't done any extensive trials with callsigns as I normally don't have much diversity in the airlines that are flying (who knows why). What first caught my attention was the missing wind callouts during clearances, and then the "exit runway when able" repeating annoyance. Then I looked closer and none of the mods I was looking for had been implemented.

I re-downloaded EVP from Flight sim thinking that maybe the file I had had been corrupted, but there was no difference. Is it possible that the mod files are not up to date, so EVP no longer knows to change things?
eddee33
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Wed May 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Unfortunately EditVoicepack 3.1 might indeed not contain all the latest modifications. :(

I was sure I had repackaged the version I have available for download on my webpage. So a few years later, I turned off my server (I was back then running my own server, now it's all on Microsoft Azure). Turns out that while I was sure, I apparently wasn't right. :?

I was looking into getting EditVoicepack XL to support FS9, but my somewhat optimistic approach did not work, so now it is not something I can promise will happen.

While not having the latest modifications is certainly not good, it should not result in some voices having modifications while others do not. The typical reason for this is multiple *.gvp files in the Sound folder. For example if you made a backup of USEnglishBig.gvp in the same folder without changing the extension. FSX will load all *.GVP files and select voices randomly in these files.
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support