Not working

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Not working

Postby willt » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:37 pm

I recently purchased but cannot get it working. I using Prepar3d v2.5. I do not have the 200 meg data file in my Zip. If I follow instructions and delete the files within Sound/atc the edit voice pack says it cannot find Prepar because there are no files within the sound/atc file. I do not delete ATC folder as directed. Once when I did an update it said wav files were being transferred to Prep sound folder. I do not know where they went as they are not in the ATC folder. I just updated to the latest Edit voice pack but it didn't help.
Bill t
willt
Ny Bruger

Re: Not working

Postby Lars » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi

The 200MB+ file is inside data1.cab. It is not directly inside the zip file.

So first unpack Prepar3D_v2_Professional_2.5.12944.0.zip, then doubleclick the data1.cab file and you should be able to find the file. It is named:
fil0AB445CF0497B6C919F2AE4A3E925B78

If you have deleted the files mentioned, but haven't copied the 200MB file as you could not find it, EditVoicepack will indeed be unable to start - no matter which version you try. The 200MB file contains all sound files used by ATC, and it's the file EditVoicepack needs to modify.

If you do not change the speed of ATC, then you will not see any new files in the ATC folder. EditVoicepack will update the existing datafile. If you do choose to change the speed, the existing file will be renamed so it is no longer picked up by Flight Simulator and a new data file is created with the faster speech.

If you - once you have restored the 200MB data file - still do not hear the new phrases/callsigns/etc, please post the exact list of files contained in your Sounds/ATC folder.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby billt » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:29 am

I believe it to working now as I hear the phrase "Holding Point" which I don't remember hearing before. I did a speed up of the ATC voice and now have 4 files in the sound/ATC. I am not sure if I need them all as they are a lot of memory.

USBigEnglish.evporg (445) Meg
US Big English.spb (2.63) Meg
EvpWaveCache (5.05)Meg
EvpAccelerated1gvp(391) Meg
Bill
billt
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm

You can delte EvpWaveCache but it's only 5MB, so not sure it really matters. I do not know what US Big English.spb is, but as it's relatively small I would leave it.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby billt » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks for that, will do
Bill
billt
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support