Prepar3d v2.5

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Prepar3d v2.5

Postby ggi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:51 am

Hi just installed the P3D v2.5 update which has broken EVP XL. EVP XL gives the following error:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FlightSimInfo.NormalizePathName(String path)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FlightSimInfo.GetFlightSimulatorInstances()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FlightSimInfo.GetDefaultInstance()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.BasicUI.ApplicationWindow.LoadWorkItem(Object state)

P3Dv2.5 - EVP XL - Win 7-64

If you can help I would be grateful, I've tried pointing the EVP program to the P3D.exe file, but so far no success. Many thanks.
ggi
Ny Bruger

Re: Prepar3d v2.5

Postby Lars » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:19 pm

Are you running the latest version (5.0.79) of EditVoicepack?

Unfortunately my internet connection was taken down tonight. Water running through the switch and the fiber modem is apparently not the ideal operating environment for those devices. :) oh well, at least I have power again, but I am not going to download a p3d update over my phone. :)

I hope I can get it fixed soon, but in this situation I can't say when it will be.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby ggi » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:50 pm

Thanks Lars - I had 0.69 installed. 0.79 did the trick!!
ggi
Ny Bruger

Postby AKar » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi all,

I've got the following issue with installing EditVoicepack XL to P3Dv2.5 (with hotfix). When I first run the program, it complains:

No supported Flight Simulator found in the folder: F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.FlightSimulatorDefinitions.FlightSimulatorDefinition.GetDefinition(String fsRootPath)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FlightSimInfo..ctor(String fsRootPath, Boolean allowFileUpdate)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FlightSimInfo.GetFlightSimulatorInstances()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.BasicUI.ApplicationWindow.Onloaded()

That is gotten by copying the details to clipboard.

Obviously, it should not find that FSX as I've got it uninstalled, but the problem is that if I specify the location of Prepar3d.exe, it still complains the same issue of not finding FSX and closes down.

Any help would be appreciated!
AKar
Ny Bruger

Postby ejwells409 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:56 pm

I also am having problems with EditvoicepackXL when trying to install into P3D_V2.5/w HotFix. I get this error sequence:
This Flight Simulator installation has already been added: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FlightSimInfoCollection.Insert(Int32 index, FlightSimInfo item)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.BasicUI.ApplicationWindow.LoadWorkItem(Object state)

I do not have any other sims installed.
ejwells409
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Please confirm you are running the latest version of EditVoicepack (5.0.79.0). At least the error with a flight simulator installation already added was addressed some time ago, but it could of cause be a new problem causing the same issue.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby ejwells409 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:46 pm

I downloaded it early this afternoon from your site, so unless you've posted a newer one since that time....it's the current version.
UPDATE: Corrected.. .it was the Migration Tool interfering. Turned it off and the installation proceeded.
ejwells409
Ny Bruger

Postby AKar » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Running the version 79. I don't have any migration tools or anything. Somehow the program insists on looking up the FSX that I've got uninstalled, and won't let me to point it to Prepar3d.exe. I wonder if this is some kind of problem with registry, though at least CCleaner found no issues regarding uninstallation of FSX.
AKar
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Please try to delete the file "UpdateSettings.xml" in the folder:
%ProgramData%\EditVoicepackX\Updater

Simply copy the line above into the address bar of a Windows Explorer window and you should see the folder containing the file. Besides the registry EditVoicepack will look in this file for installations of FS. Sure it should work if FS is then removed, but - well - bugs do happen. :)
Lars
FSOnline

Postby AKar » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi Lars,

That folder contains no such file, perhaps it has never been created before the program closes (I uninstalled and reinstalled the EditVoicepack too as I did some reorganizing together with clean install for P3D - never been able to successfully launch it since).

Maybe something went bad in FSX uninstallation process - is there any single point in registry from where EditVoicepack checks for installed FSX and its path which I could attempt checking for any leftovers?
AKar
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:05 pm

EditVoicepack checks the following registry keys:
HKLM\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0 - SetupPath
HKLM\Wow6432Node\DovetailGames\FSX - Install_Path
HKLM\Wow6432Node\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D - SetupPath
HKLM\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 - SetupPath
Lars
FSOnline

Postby AKar » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:24 am

Thank you Lars - deleting that registry entry did the trick! :) I figured this would be the issue, but they are often all but unsolvable because unless one knows more about these things, it is hard to know what to look for. Thanks for great support!
AKar
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:06 pm

Great it works now. I have logged a defect and hopefully get this fixed in the next version (whenever that is, it is fighting back a bit right now) :)

Having a wrong registry key should not stop EditVoicepack from starting. :oops:
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support