EditVoicePack XL Mytraffic

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

EditVoicePack XL Mytraffic

Postby wothan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi

Thanks for a great tool :)

When I open the EDVP XL GUI and select the Advanced option I see "Third party addon products" --> "My Traffic X".
Does this entry mean that Voicepacks has been instaeed for My Traffic X or do I need to do something to add them ?

Note that My Traffic X is installed, also before installing EDVP XL, so I guess that it has been autodetected.

Best regards
Finn Jacobsen
wothan
Ny Bruger

Re: EditVoicePack XL Mytraffic

Postby Lars » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi Finn,

Behind the scenes My Traffic X uses EditVoicepack to install the callsigns included into the Flight Simulator ATC files.

This means that EditVoicepack is indeed aware of the My Traffic X installation - and the other way around. It does not matter which one is installed first, and you do not need to do anything to activate it.

There is a bit more detail on it here:
http://editvoicepack.com/developers/

Notice it is the old API documentation, I'll update the documentation to the EditVoicepack XL version once I am confident I got the most critical issues fixed.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby wothan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks alot for the quick response :D

Finally we got ICAO phraseology in FSX.

Most often I use Radar Contact 4 for ATC, but sometimes for flights where I don´t want to make exact flightplanning, default FSX ATC with EditVoicePack suffice my needs.

Finn
wothan
Ny Bruger

Postby pscharff » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:52 am

Hello,

I've got a question to these posts. I use MyTraffic 3D Professional 5.4c, and I want to make modifications in EditVoicepack XL additionally to the modified USEnglishBig.gvp delivered by MyTraffic.
So, in the P3Dv2\Sound\ATC folder there are the two files USEnglishBig.gvp.P3D (renamed original P3D-file by MyTraffic) and the new USEnglishBig.gvp delivered by MyTraffic (file size about 442MB).

If I run EditVoicepack XL in Advanced mode I do not see the entry ("Third party addon products" --> "My Traffic X") described by wothan.

So how can I make additional modifications by using EditVoicepack XL by keeping all the modifications of MyTraffic 3D Professional 5.4?

Thanks,
Patric
pscharff
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:40 am

From what you describe here, it appears your version of MyTraffic does not use the EditVoicepack API, but instead ships a replacement GVP file. If this is really the case, then it's not compatible with ANY other FS addon (including EditVoicepack) modifying the ATC speech. :(

I recommend checking with MyTraffic support - they can tell you if there is an alternative to using the GVP file they ship.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby pscharff » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:02 am

Hello Lars,

Thanks for your answer.

I was already in contact with Burkhard Renk. He said, that he can't get the program running correctly. :(
Anyway, it seems linke I've got two options:

1. I use the USEnglishBig.gvp file shipped by MyTraffic only and can not make any modifications
2. I ignore the MyTraffic USEnglishBig.gvp file (delete or rename) with all the modifications made for MyTraffic and use EditVoicepack XL only. So it would be possible to make modifications of the ATC sounds.

Is this the correct way for the moment?

Thanks,
Patric
pscharff
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:05 pm

If Burkhard has problems with EditVoicepack or the API, I hope he will contact me - it is relative easy for me to make updates/fixes to the API without even having to release a new version of EditVoicepack.

But yes, these are indeed your two options.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby pscharff » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:17 pm

Hello Lars,

thanks again for your quick answer.

Patric
pscharff
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support