Install Issue

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Install Issue

Postby KenR » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:49 am

Background: I've been using EXP X on my XP machine for years without a problem. I just bought a new PC using Win 8.1.The main problem I encountered had to do with Windows installing FSX into a directory that looked like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\FSX. I soon found out that most of my addons didn't work because they were looking for FSX in program files without the x86. So I copied the whole thing to the program files folder without the x86, and the addons now work. All that is, except EditVoicepack X. I downloaded and installed the latest version but when I try to open it it says it couldn't locate my FSX folder because it's looking for it in the x86 folder. I direct it to the correct folder and it then opens and I save but the next time I open it I get the same error message. All I use this program for is to make ATC talk faster. Any help getting this working again will be appreciated.
KenR
Ny Bruger

Re: Install Issue

Postby Lars » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:07 am

So some of your other addons are programmed wrong so now you need EditVoicepack broken in the same way? Oh well, having the folder not always named "Program Files" has only been the case in 19 years, so I expect they need a bit more time to learn how to use it. :)

There are references to the location you install a program in outside the file system. These are put in place by the installer. You can use the Registry Repair Tool from Flight1 Software to change the reference EditVoicepack use to locate FSX to your new install location. You can find it here:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library
Lars
FSOnline

Postby KenR » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:25 am

I used the program you suggested. It said the registry was corrected successfully. I restarted the PC but I still get the same error notice. I uninstalled EVP and reinstalled with same results.
KenR
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Sorry for the late reply - I do unfortunately not know why EditVoicepack is not remembering the location after you locate FSX the first time.

You can try deleting the file in the following location:
C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\Bevelstone_Production_I_S\EditVoicepack.exe_StrongName_0hhy3gdz1gjf2c0bocllytq0lw0o3pp2\4.0.7.0

This is where EditVoicepack stores the path you select, and maybe there is something wrong with this file.
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support